Madison Contemporary Dance
"It is the mission of Madison Contemporary Dance Company to present original and diverse contemporary-based choreography in order to inspire audiences of all ages and backgrounds to appreciate a deeper connection to dance as a visual art-form, while also providing a platform for dancers and other artists to come together for resources, education, events, support, and community."
Madison Contemporary Dance Company (MCD) was founded in 2010 by Sara Rohs and Ashley Burkland and was awarded nonprofit status in 2018. MCD is an adult company that performs at community events as well as an annual concert at the Overture Center. MCD is pleased to announce the addition of all-ages community concerts.
MCD hosts a yearly summer intensive for students 11-25 years of age. MCD teaches workshops at dance studios as well as free community outreach classes at community centers, libraries, and museums, elementary schools, and daycare centers.
Monthly, MCD connects dancers and teachers through the Madison Community Dance Newsletter which shares and highlights jobs, training opportunities, classes, workshops, events and concerts in the Madison area. The newsletter has 1,500 Madison area dancers and dance teachers subscribed.
Sara Rohs has been a leader since 2010. Other notable leaders have been Allison Kenison, Corinne Jones, and Kimberly Smith.
- Light & Dark - September 29-30, 2018
- Madison Memoirs - September 17-18, 2016
- HumanKind - September 19-20, 2015
- Fall Concert - September 19-20, 2015
- Children's Class and Performance - August 5, 2015
- Living Art - September 21-22, 2013
- Dance Company Auditions - March 9, 2013
- Once Upon A Time: MCVD Fall Concert - September 21-22, 2012
- Dance Auditions - March 11, 2012
- Dance Audition - March 5, 2011
- Madison Contemporary Vision Dance Company Auditions - April 17, 2010