Capital City Theatre
Capital City Theatre is Madison, Wisconsin's professional, Equity, musical theatre company. The mission of Capital City Theatre is to produce professional and engaging live musical theatre performances and educate aspiring and working musical theatre artists through workshops, intensives and seminars. We strive to inspire audiences by connecting them with talented performers from both the Madison area and across the country, creating an experience that keeps audiences entertained, excited and coming back again and again.
Dear Capital City Theatre patrons,
In response to the ongoing health crisis, Capital City Theatre will be rescheduling Ain’t Misbehavin’ for the fall of 2020. Your safety and well-being, as well as those of our performers, musicians, etc. is our highest priority. We will be announcing the new dates soon and encourage you to join us at that time for what we know will be a wonderful show!
All ticket holders are eligible for a refund and we are looking into the possibility of providing you the option of rolling your tickets over to one of the new performance dates in the fall, should you wish to do that.
As a non-profit organization, Capital City Theatre incurs significant expenses (even when shows are rescheduled) in preparing our shows. Ticket sales offset some of these expenses. Therefore, if you are considering requesting a refund, we would invite you to think about donating your refund to help us cover some these expenses. We will be in touch shortly with specifics on refunds, ticket roll-overs, and/or donation options.
We greatly appreciate your past and ongoing support of Capital City Theatre. You are the reason we do what we do. We will get past this together, and we look forward to sharing many more performances, once it is safe to do so. Take care of yourselves and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Andrew Abrams, Artistic Director
Gail Becker, Associate Artistic Director
- The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountaing, a staged reading - January 17-18, 2020
- Ain't Misbehavin - Cancelled - April 17-26, 2020
- A 1942 Christmas Radio Salute to the Troops - December 8, 2019
- Carrie: The Musical - August 9-11, 2019
- On the Town - May 30 - June 2, 2019
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame - June 1-3, 2018
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame -staged concert - June 1-3, 2018
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee - September 22 - October 1, 2017
- Andrew Keenan-Bolger in Concert-One show only! - August 4, 2017
- Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill - March 31 - April 8, 2017
- Gypsy - June 17-18, 2016
- Violet - June 12-21, 2015
- Johnny Rodgers Band - September 5, 2014