Armory Dinner Theater
Originally built in the 1930s, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Armory features a stunning array of brickwork, terrazzo floors and decorative iron.
Soldiers from the National Guard which later became Company “A” of the 192nd Tank Battalion during World War II, a group also known as the “Janesville 99”, trained at the Armory prior to World War II. The facility served as a mustering center for these soldiers who were deployed to the Philippines in 1941 and, ultimately, were forced into the infamous Bataan Death March.
Today, leading the rejuvenation of downtown Janesville, the building’s exterior has been preserved to retain its historical significance, while the interior combines modern décor and elegance with original elements making the Armory the area’s most exciting entertainment venue. The Armory offers three distinct dining experiences. The Drill Hall Theater combines elegant dining in a theater setting with professional productions. Modern, casual dining and an outdoor patio are featured in the Bunker Lounge. And fine dining, specializing in American and French cuisine, is found in the sophisticated atmosphere of the Lieutenants Restaurant.
- A Christmas Carol - November 4 - December 23, 2011
- A Chorus Line - January 21 - March 6, 2011
- It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - November 12 - December 23, 2010
- It's A Wonderful Life, the musical - November 4 - December 20, 2009
- Nunsense - September 18 - October 25, 2009
- Sweeney Todd - September 11 - October 19, 2008
- White Christmas - November 1 - December 23, 2007
- Little Shop of Horrors - September 6- October 21, 2007
- Cabaret - April 12 - May 27, 2007
- Grease - January 25 - April 1, 2007
- The Christmas Schooner - November 16 - December 23, 2006
- Jekyll & Hyde - September 8 - November 5, 2006
- Aida - April 20 - June 18, 2006
- Miss Saigon - February 9 - April 9, 2006
- The Christmas Schooner - Winter 2005
- Cabaret - September 2005