Performer - (posted
7/11/18 by Palace Theater in the Dells)
Now accepting performer submissions for Deathtrap, Holly Jolly Christmas and our 2019 season.
Lend Me A Tenor (the musical)
Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Run For Your Wife
The Game’s Afoot
Holly Jolly Christmas
Please send picture and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is pay
Piano instructor - (posted
7/10/18 by Rhapsody Arts Center)
Rhapsody Arts Center, Verona WI, seeks a part-time private and group piano instructor to begin immediately.
Preferred availability is up to 3 evenings/week with potential for expansion in our growing studio. Compensation: Competitive pay, based on experience, education, availability, and longevity.
Candidates invited for interviews will demonstrate, through a clear and concise cover letter and well-organized resume, these characteristics:
Excellent communication skills
An outgoing personality which fosters a fun and welcoming experience for students and families
Knowledge of modern & traditional musical styles, with engaging presentation abilities
Ability to teach beginning & intermediate students
Excellent musical & professional references
Multicultural knowledge & sensitivity
Alignment with Rhapsody's mission, to support and protect arts-dedicated education in our community, through instruction of the highest quality and development of artistic resources while ensuring expressive access to all who desire it
Come join a wonderful organization with a vibrant staff and faculty. This job posting is for anticipated openings in the near future. Please email your resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references. Links to, and/or samples of teaching, performing, or other creative work are also welcome. Visit us online at www.rhapsodyarts.org/jobs.
Rhapsody Arts Center, Inc. is a non-profit, community school for the arts in Verona, Wisconsin. We are located just south of Madison, and neighboring the Fitchburg, Oregon, Middleton, Mount Horeb, Belleville, and New Glarus areas.
Production Staff - (posted
6/26/18 by Palace Theater in the Dells)
We are accepting production staff submissions for our 2019 Season
Lend Me A Tenor (the musical)
Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Run For Your Wife
The Game’s Afoot
Holly Jolly Christmas
We are seeking Directors/Music Directors/Choreographers/Costumers/Prop Masters/Scenic Artists/Set Designers/Sound & Lighting Designers
Please send resume to email@example.com
There is pay and housing
564 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin 53965
Anthony and Joseph Tomaska Casting Authority
Production Lead - (posted
5/24/18 by MOBB Productions, Inc.)
MOBB Productions, Inc. (Kenosha, WI) is currently seeking a new team player for a lead stagehand position in our touring productions.
Responsibilites include: Loading in + out, hanging drops, cabling (dmx, power) lights, truck loading, unloading, driving, setting up illusions, placing props live on stage during shows, etc. Work is primarily weekends along with full 1-2 week run outs fall-spring. Our schedule is set 8-12 months in advance making it convenient for contractors to accept other work offers. Immediate opportunity available.
Production is growing and welcomes a new team player with a great attitude and strong work ethic. WILL TRAIN. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure is a must. Experience driving while pulling a trailer is a big plus!
Meals, lodging, travel, practice, etc. all paid in addition to show rate. MUST be available to practice at our warehouse in SE WI and have your own transportation to and from.
Applicants must have a valid drivers license and be located in the Milwaukee/Chicago area. Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Kristin.
Acro/Dance Teacher - (posted
5/14/18 by Odyssey Dance Studio)
Odyssey Dance Studio is currently seeking an experienced acro teacher for our Fall/Spring 2018-19 season! The ideal candidate would have 2+ years experience teaching acro, and work well with all ages and ability levels, but especially intermediate/advanced level acro. Additional hours in other subjects (ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, hip hop, musical theatre, etc) and the opportunity to work with our competitive dance teams may also be available, but is not required. Odyssey is a growing, family oriented studio located about 15 minutes east of Madison in Cottage Grove. Please send your resume to email@example.com. Pay based on experience.
Production Manager - (posted
5/11/18 by Children's Theater of Madison)
SUMMARY OF JOB SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, development and evaluation of production activities, including updating and maintaining annual and individual production schedules and monitoring production deadlines. Other responsibilities include assisting in the preparing, monitoring and maintaining of production budgets; monitoring purchases, including processing expense reports, maintaining production credit card schedule system; keeping up-to-date accounts; ensuring that production department contracts are executed and filed properly.
Salary: Competitive/Annual - DOE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Create and manage the production calendar/schedule, including:
a. Design deadlines (prelim and final) for all departments
b. Shop schedule/build schedules
c. Install schedules
d. Tech rehearsal schedules
e. Rehearsal schedules
f. Performance schedules
g. Strike schedules
h. All other scheduling that pertains to production department
2. Schedule and lead all production meetings
3. Schedule rehearsals and performances in cooperation with Artistic Director, Guest Directors, and Stage Management
4. Secure rehearsal venue(s)
5. Assist in planning season, including dates, venues, staffing, etc.
6. Develop and manage the season calendar
7. Schedule and supervise technical rehearsals in tandem with stage management and director
8. Schedule and supervise strikes
9. Coordinate with Artistic Director and Education Director on scheduling school shows
1. Develop and manage the production budget in cooperation with Artistic Director and Executive Director
a. Provide budget and expense guidance to all staff and independent contractors as necessary
b. Provide estimates as requested for future seasons
c. Provide insight and advice to Artistic Director and Executive Director regarding financial decisions as they may pertain to production department
2. Track and maintain accounting of production related expenses
3. Regularly report budget status to Artistic Director and Executive Director and ensure that expenses are applied to appropriate accounts, projects and/or productions
4. Provide budget numbers to staff and crew as necessary
5. Track and report expenses incurred by all production team members
6. Maintain business accounts in good standing; communicate existing accounts and guidelines for each to necessary production team members
7. Assist in assessing and finalizing Overture settlements for each project/production
8. Oversee CTM credit card use by production staff and independent contractors
1. Communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with all pertinent Overture staff, including Technical Director (as well as “house technicians”), Chief of Security, Event Services staff, and Facilities Operations Director regarding:
a. Venue dates
b. Venue use and access (including use of dock, bagging street meters, IATSE, etc.)
c. Security concerns (including use of firearms, unusual activity, late night use, etc.)
d. Safety concerns (including use of smoke/haze/fog, firearms, rigging, unusual use of space, etc.)
e. Special requests (equipment use, room use, technical assistance)
2. Communicate rules and guidelines for union members (including IATSE, AEA, and USA) to production staff as needed, including Stage Management
3. Provide Overture security staff with all necessary dates, times, venues, and names prior to usage of Overture venues (rehearsals, classes, and performances)
4. Create housing needs schedule and provide Associate Artistic Director with accurate production housing calendar
5. Provide production-related information to marketing, development, and education departments
6. Create, track, and maintain key log for production facilities, ensuring access to all necessary parties
7. Consider and ensure the safety of all production related matters
8. Account for and organize inventory with Technical Director
9. Ensure that Certificates of Insurance are kept up to date and issued as needed to facilities that require them
10. Stay apprised of changes in rates for venues and labor (i.e. Overture venues, AEA and IATSE)
1. Directly supervise Technical Director, Stage Manager(s), and all other production staff
2. Hire and contract all production employees and independent contractors
3. Ensure that proper laws and guidelines are followed when hiring independent contractors
4. Manage and supervise the production department staff
5. Obtain cash advances as needed for production team members
6. Schedule CTM credit cards for production department staff and independent contractors
7. Provide all production team members and necessary staff with appropriate paperwork for efficient processing of contracts, time sheets, and reimbursements
8. Arrange with Operations Manager for appropriate background checks on all employees and independent contractors
9. Hire and schedule electricians, carpenters, and run crew in cooperation with department heads
10. Create IATSE schedules as needed: communicate crew needs directly to Overture TD and IATSE rep
11. Track IATSE hours and schedules and communicate directly with union steward to effectively manage use of time and resources
12. Collect and maintain emergency contact and medical information for all employees and independent contractors
13. Track all contract and account payments in order to ensure prompt and accurate payment
14. Track and approve all web-based production staff time sheets (via When I Work or current system if different)
15. Provide all department heads with accurate payroll deadlines
16. Secure and provide Overture key cards as needed for production staff and employees
17. Ensure that design deadlines are met
18. Manage and supervise production/shop facilities with the Technical Director
The successful candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of theatrical production, strong oral and written communication skills in addition to excellent time management skills. BA/BS in theatre and demonstrated skills in pertinent areas of technical theater production and professional experience required. This position requires work on evenings and weekends.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mike Lawler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game Show Host - (posted
4/9/18 by Gravy Live)
Gravy Show Host Screening
Gravy (Gravy.live) is a one-of-a-kind Shopping Game Show. The show is broadcast live daily via a dedicated Gravy mobile app. Each Show runs approximately 10 to 15 minutes in length and is hosted by a rotating group of talented entertainers that lead each Show, discuss the product(s) featured in the Show, and entertain and interact with the live mobile audience as they play along.
Each Show will follow a standard outline that will revolve around the ability of the audience to grab a featured product at a phenomenal discount, as well as win cash prizes. The Show Host will: 1) kick off each show with a brief monologue while the audience joins the broadcast; 2) introduce the product featured for that Show and weave its main features into the non-scripted Show; 3) instruct, entertain and interact with the audience while they play; and, 4) salute the winners of each Show and sign off.
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR RESUME, please download the app and watch a show to see if this would be the right fit for you. Shows are every night (except Saturday) at 7:30pm CST. The app can be downloaded (iOS only) here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1354510058?mt=8
If invited in for an audition, we will provide you with a script explaining the rules of the game and a product brand brief.
We plan to evaluate your performance on the following criteria:
• The overall entertainment value of your broadcast
• Your ability to ad-lib and "roll with" a non-scripted live broadcast
• Your presence via live stream format
• How well you involve the live audience
• Your ability to discuss the featured product in a fun, authentic way that doesn't feel like an ad or a sales pitch
If you are interested, please send your headshot and resume to email@example.com
Dance Instructor - (posted
1/23/18 by Dance Now! Dance Studios, LLC)
Dance Now! Studios in Beaver Dam and Watertown is seeking a qualified dance instructor for the 2018-2019 season. We are looking for an experienced dance teacher who loves children and wants to share their passion with them. We offer a Monday thru Thursday evening schedule, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are more than just a great dancing affiliated studio, our positive classrooms are staffed by amazing teachers who go beyond teaching dance technique to developing important life skills in students! A background in teaching ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary and/or lyrical is preferred. Dependability, professionalism, creativity, punctuality and friendliness a must!
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Julie Ronzani (Executive Director) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter, please be sure to include your weekly availability, teaching preferences related to genres and age groups (if you have any), and when you are available to start. We would need commitment from September 2018 thru May 2019.
Dance Now! Studios is affiliated with Dance Masters of WI, a member of Wisconsin Dance Council and an official supporter of YPAD.
Alternative Compensation Opportunities!
Director - (posted
6/12/18 by Sun Prairie Civic Theatre)
Director Call. Sun Prairie Civic Theatre is looking for a director for our production of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." Production dates will be January 18, 19,25, 26, & 27, 2019. Auditions and rehearsals to be determined by the director, but should be early/ mid-November 2018. Submit applications to email@example.com by July 31, 2018. This is a nonpaid position with a fun group of people.
Seeking jobs or internships
Send information, comments, comp tickets,
and corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site is provided as a free service.
If you'd like to help spread the word, please link to our site from
yours and mention it in your programs and mailings! If you find
it useful and would like to help make it even better, contributions
will be applied toward expenses and publicity for the site.
All material copyright 1997-2015 Toad
Hall Productions. Logo designed and created by Maciek Smuga-Otto.
All information is subject to change. While every effort has been
made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in these
pages, MadStage.com assumes no responsibility for any inaccurate
information including times, places and prices. Please inform
us of any corrections or updates! We will post them as soon as
they are brought to our attention. Last update:
Friday, December 18, 2015 8:10 PM.
As of today, MadStage has had more than 2687808 visitors!