Director for Musical - (posted
5/22/18 by Portage Area Community Theatre)
A small community theater group is seeking a director for our fall musical to be held at the Portage Center for the Arts November 8-18, 2018. This is a paid position. The director will work with a choreographer and vocal director and will be expected to be available for rehearsals 4 evenings per week. Please email your resume and preferred muscial to PACTTHEATRE@GMAIL.COM. This should be a family friendly musical able to be produced on a small thrust stage.
Spotlight Operator - (posted
5/17/18 by Palace Theater in the Dells)
Position: crew member, spot op
*No experience needed!
Start/End dates: Sunday, June 10th 2018 - Sunday, August 26th 2018
Pay: $350 a week
Call times: Matinees 12:30pm, Evening shows 6:30pm. 3 1/2 hour minimum call time, subject to change with length of show.
Please see calendar on our website to see all dates and times of our performances:
http://www.dellspalace.com/ (Wizard of Oz production)
First week of work must be available all day, we are all hands on deck during tech.
Please email me at email@example.com for more information!
Acro/Dance Teacher - (posted
5/14/18 by Odyssey Dance Studio)
Odyssey Dance Studio is currently seeking an experienced acro teacher for our Fall/Spring 2018-19 season! The ideal candidate would have 2+ years experience teaching acro, and work well with all ages and ability levels, but especially intermediate/advanced level acro. Additional hours in other subjects (ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, hip hop, musical theatre, etc) and the opportunity to work with our competitive dance teams may also be available, but is not required. Odyssey is a growing, family oriented studio located about 15 minutes east of Madison in Cottage Grove. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pay based on experience.
Production Manager - (posted
5/11/18 by Children's Theater of Madison)
SUMMARY OF JOB SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, development and evaluation of production activities, including updating and maintaining annual and individual production schedules and monitoring production deadlines. Other responsibilities include assisting in the preparing, monitoring and maintaining of production budgets; monitoring purchases, including processing expense reports, maintaining production credit card schedule system; keeping up-to-date accounts; ensuring that production department contracts are executed and filed properly.
Salary: Competitive/Annual - DOE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Create and manage the production calendar/schedule, including:
a. Design deadlines (prelim and final) for all departments
b. Shop schedule/build schedules
c. Install schedules
d. Tech rehearsal schedules
e. Rehearsal schedules
f. Performance schedules
g. Strike schedules
h. All other scheduling that pertains to production department
2. Schedule and lead all production meetings
3. Schedule rehearsals and performances in cooperation with Artistic Director, Guest Directors, and Stage Management
4. Secure rehearsal venue(s)
5. Assist in planning season, including dates, venues, staffing, etc.
6. Develop and manage the season calendar
7. Schedule and supervise technical rehearsals in tandem with stage management and director
8. Schedule and supervise strikes
9. Coordinate with Artistic Director and Education Director on scheduling school shows
1. Develop and manage the production budget in cooperation with Artistic Director and Executive Director
a. Provide budget and expense guidance to all staff and independent contractors as necessary
b. Provide estimates as requested for future seasons
c. Provide insight and advice to Artistic Director and Executive Director regarding financial decisions as they may pertain to production department
2. Track and maintain accounting of production related expenses
3. Regularly report budget status to Artistic Director and Executive Director and ensure that expenses are applied to appropriate accounts, projects and/or productions
4. Provide budget numbers to staff and crew as necessary
5. Track and report expenses incurred by all production team members
6. Maintain business accounts in good standing; communicate existing accounts and guidelines for each to necessary production team members
7. Assist in assessing and finalizing Overture settlements for each project/production
8. Oversee CTM credit card use by production staff and independent contractors
1. Communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with all pertinent Overture staff, including Technical Director (as well as “house technicians”), Chief of Security, Event Services staff, and Facilities Operations Director regarding:
a. Venue dates
b. Venue use and access (including use of dock, bagging street meters, IATSE, etc.)
c. Security concerns (including use of firearms, unusual activity, late night use, etc.)
d. Safety concerns (including use of smoke/haze/fog, firearms, rigging, unusual use of space, etc.)
e. Special requests (equipment use, room use, technical assistance)
2. Communicate rules and guidelines for union members (including IATSE, AEA, and USA) to production staff as needed, including Stage Management
3. Provide Overture security staff with all necessary dates, times, venues, and names prior to usage of Overture venues (rehearsals, classes, and performances)
4. Create housing needs schedule and provide Associate Artistic Director with accurate production housing calendar
5. Provide production-related information to marketing, development, and education departments
6. Create, track, and maintain key log for production facilities, ensuring access to all necessary parties
7. Consider and ensure the safety of all production related matters
8. Account for and organize inventory with Technical Director
9. Ensure that Certificates of Insurance are kept up to date and issued as needed to facilities that require them
10. Stay apprised of changes in rates for venues and labor (i.e. Overture venues, AEA and IATSE)
1. Directly supervise Technical Director, Stage Manager(s), and all other production staff
2. Hire and contract all production employees and independent contractors
3. Ensure that proper laws and guidelines are followed when hiring independent contractors
4. Manage and supervise the production department staff
5. Obtain cash advances as needed for production team members
6. Schedule CTM credit cards for production department staff and independent contractors
7. Provide all production team members and necessary staff with appropriate paperwork for efficient processing of contracts, time sheets, and reimbursements
8. Arrange with Operations Manager for appropriate background checks on all employees and independent contractors
9. Hire and schedule electricians, carpenters, and run crew in cooperation with department heads
10. Create IATSE schedules as needed: communicate crew needs directly to Overture TD and IATSE rep
11. Track IATSE hours and schedules and communicate directly with union steward to effectively manage use of time and resources
12. Collect and maintain emergency contact and medical information for all employees and independent contractors
13. Track all contract and account payments in order to ensure prompt and accurate payment
14. Track and approve all web-based production staff time sheets (via When I Work or current system if different)
15. Provide all department heads with accurate payroll deadlines
16. Secure and provide Overture key cards as needed for production staff and employees
17. Ensure that design deadlines are met
18. Manage and supervise production/shop facilities with the Technical Director
The successful candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of theatrical production, strong oral and written communication skills in addition to excellent time management skills. BA/BS in theatre and demonstrated skills in pertinent areas of technical theater production and professional experience required. This position requires work on evenings and weekends.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mike Lawler at email@example.com.
Summer Stage Music Directors, Choreographers, etc. - (posted
5/10/18 by Children's Theater of Madison)
CHILDREN’S THEATER OF MADISON (CTM) Summer Stage program seeks Music Directors, Choreographers, Program Assistants, and an Art Specialist who are committed to transforming the lives of young people through the theatre arts. We hire theater professionals who are passionate about sharing their skills with young performers, and create a positive, supportive environment. Weekly Salary for all positions; Program Assistant receives a stipend.
Dates of Programs Available:
• June 25-July 6 (July 4 off): Pure Imagination (Grades 1-3)
Half Day Position (either 9am-12pm or 12pm-3pm). Musical Accompaniment skills not required for this session
• June 25-July 13 (7/4 off): Summer Academy: The Addams Family (Grades 9-12)
• July 2-20 (July 4 off): James and the Giant Peach, Jr. (Grades 5-9)
• July 9-27: Bye Bye Birdie (Grades 6-11)
• June 25-July 6 (July 4 off): Pure Imagination (Grades 1-3)
Half Day Position (either 9am-12pm or 12pm-3pm)
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (college age/stage management experience needed):
• June 25-July 13 (July 4 off): Summer Academy: The Addams Family (Grades 9-12)
• July 9-27: Bye Bye Birdie (Grades 6-11)
• July 16-August 3: Elf Jr. (Grades 7-12)
• July 30-August 17: Little Mermaid Jr. (Grades 5-9)
• Prior teaching experience in a theatre, school, or educational setting. 1-2 years preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to create a positive, safe, and supportive environment for every child
• Effective and positive classroom management strategies
To Apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Summer Stage – Application”
About the Program: Since 1977, Summer Stage has offered students an opportunity to gain training in acting, build confidence, work as an ensemble, exercise their imagination, and perform. Summer Stage offers one, two, and three-week long programs for students grades 4K-12. All programs culminate in a sharing, showcase, or performance for family and friends.
Piano, Violin and Viola Teachers - (posted
5/1/18 by Monroe Street Arts Center)
Monroe Street Arts Center is seeking experienced teachers in Piano, Violin or Viola instruction. All selected candidates will be hired as
hourly part-time employees of the arts center, and would be assigned one day of private teaching with the possibility for
additional days. Available days for teaching are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Teaching contracts would
begin as soon as possible and be ongoing.
The Monroe Street Arts Center is a non-profit community school of the arts. Our mission is to engage a community of learners in exploring the arts and developing the creative self. We offer musical instruction in piano, violin, viola, cello,voice, guitar, trumpet and flute. In the visual arts we offer classes in drawing, painting, photography, print making as
well as private one-on-one instruction.
For more information visit http://monroestreetarts.org/msac-is-hiring/?preview=true&preview_id=4014&preview_nonce=4aa6c16b5b.
Singers, dancers and instrumentalists - (posted
4/25/18 by Wisconsin Singers)
Casting Call: Singers, Dancers, Instrumentalists to join Wisconsin Singers for 2018-2019.
Take center-stage with UW's premiere performance group for our 51st season!
Audition NOW for Wisconsin Singers for 2018-2019 season are: 4/29, 5/20, 5/26, and 5/27 or
by appointment. Online Auditions also available. Open to students of any major!
Visit www.wisconsinsingers.com/auditions for more information.
Call 608.609.1303 to save your audition spot today!
Game Show Host - (posted
4/9/18 by Gravy Live)
Gravy Show Host Screening
Gravy (Gravy.live) is a one-of-a-kind Shopping Game Show. The show is broadcast live daily via a dedicated Gravy mobile app. Each Show runs approximately 10 to 15 minutes in length and is hosted by a rotating group of talented entertainers that lead each Show, discuss the product(s) featured in the Show, and entertain and interact with the live mobile audience as they play along.
Each Show will follow a standard outline that will revolve around the ability of the audience to grab a featured product at a phenomenal discount, as well as win cash prizes. The Show Host will: 1) kick off each show with a brief monologue while the audience joins the broadcast; 2) introduce the product featured for that Show and weave its main features into the non-scripted Show; 3) instruct, entertain and interact with the audience while they play; and, 4) salute the winners of each Show and sign off.
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR RESUME, please download the app and watch a show to see if this would be the right fit for you. Shows are every night (except Saturday) at 7:30pm CST. The app can be downloaded (iOS only) here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1354510058?mt=8
If invited in for an audition, we will provide you with a script explaining the rules of the game and a product brand brief.
We plan to evaluate your performance on the following criteria:
• The overall entertainment value of your broadcast
• Your ability to ad-lib and "roll with" a non-scripted live broadcast
• Your presence via live stream format
• How well you involve the live audience
• Your ability to discuss the featured product in a fun, authentic way that doesn't feel like an ad or a sales pitch
If you are interested, please send your headshot and resume to email@example.com
Dance Instructor - (posted
1/23/18 by Dance Now! Dance Studios, LLC)
Dance Now! Studios in Beaver Dam and Watertown is seeking a qualified dance instructor for the 2018-2019 season. We are looking for an experienced dance teacher who loves children and wants to share their passion with them. We offer a Monday thru Thursday evening schedule, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are more than just a great dancing affiliated studio, our positive classrooms are staffed by amazing teachers who go beyond teaching dance technique to developing important life skills in students! A background in teaching ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary and/or lyrical is preferred. Dependability, professionalism, creativity, punctuality and friendliness a must!
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Julie Ronzani (Executive Director) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter, please be sure to include your weekly availability, teaching preferences related to genres and age groups (if you have any), and when you are available to start. We would need commitment from September 2018 thru May 2019.
Dance Now! Studios is affiliated with Dance Masters of WI, a member of Wisconsin Dance Council and an official supporter of YPAD.
Alternative Compensation Opportunities!
Summer Art Camp Volunteers - (posted
5/1/18 by Monroe Street Arts Center)
MSAC is looking for volunteers for summer 2018!
Stop in to learn about, and sign up for volunteering. Work alongside an art teacher, assist in art classes, supervise campers during lunch, and help out around the center. Must be at least 15 years old. Perfect for teens!
Please come prepared with summer availability (June-August).
For more information visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1872759786354699/
Seeking jobs or internships
Send information, comments, comp tickets,
and corrections to email@example.com.
This site is provided as a free service.
If you'd like to help spread the word, please link to our site from
yours and mention it in your programs and mailings! If you find
it useful and would like to help make it even better, contributions
will be applied toward expenses and publicity for the site.
All material copyright 1997-2015 Toad
Hall Productions. Logo designed and created by Maciek Smuga-Otto.
All information is subject to change. While every effort has been
made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in these
pages, MadStage.com assumes no responsibility for any inaccurate
information including times, places and prices. Please inform
us of any corrections or updates! We will post them as soon as
they are brought to our attention. Last update:
Friday, December 18, 2015 8:10 PM.
As of today, MadStage has had more than 2663817 visitors!