Cambridge Historical Gym
Built in 1906, the present Historic School was once the only school in our town. It was home to eight grades as well as four high school grades. There was no gym or cafeteria. Basketball games were all played in what was known as the Park Opera House. Everyone either went home for lunch or carried a cold lunch. The beautiful Historic Gym was finally built in 1939.
In 1991-02 a new middle school opened and the school board sought "Requests for Proposals" for the 1906 School Building. A citizens group organized to turn the former school into a museum and on March 1, 1997, the Cambridge Historic School Foundation, Inc. opened its doors to the public and later that year, our school building was accepted and listed on the Wisconsin Register of Historic Places.
The Cambridge Deerfield Players Theater has called the Cambridge Historical Gym home since the summer of 2011 (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat).
- Hello Dolly - July 20-23, 2017
Description of Performance Area
The Cambridge Deerfield Players Theater performs in the gymnasium area of the Cambridge Historical School.