Moon Over Buffalo
By Ken Ludwig
Directed by Livia Goff
In the madcap comedy tradition of Lend me a Tenor, the hilarious Moon Over Buffalo centers on George and Charlotte Hay, fading stars of the 1950's. At the moment, they’re playing Private Lives and Cyrano De Bergerac in rep in Buffalo, New York with 5 actors. On the brink of a disastrous split-up caused by George’s dalliance with a young ingénue, they receive word that they might just have one last shot at stardom: Frank Capra is coming to town to see their matinee, and if likes what he sees, he might cast them in his movie remake of The Scarlet Pimpernel. Unfortunately for George and Charlotte, everything that could go wrong does go wrong, abetted by a visit from their daughter’s clueless fiancé and hilarious uncertainty about which play they’re actually performing, caused by Charlotte’s deaf old stage-manager mother who hates every bone in George’s body.
Produced by Sun Prairie Civic Theatre at Cardinal Heights Upper Middle School (The Old High School), 220 Kroncke Drive, Sun Prairie
Performances: February 26 - March 6, 2016
February 26, 27, March 4, 5 at 7:30PM March 6 at 2:00PM
Ticket Prices: $14.00 for Adults $12.00 for Seniors (55+) $10 for Students (<18)
Call 608-837-8217 for reservations or more information.
Auditions will be held on the following days:
Sunday Dec. 6, 2015, at 7:00pm and Monday Dec. 7, 2015, at 7:00pm
Auditions and rehearsals will be held at Sun Prairie Civic Theatre Barn
500 S. Bird St.
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Characters (4M 4F):
• George Hay, a traveling actor.
• Charlotte Hay, George's wife and actress in his company.
• Rosalind, Roz, George & Charlotte's daughter, who left the stage to lead a "normal" life.
• Howard, a TV weatherman and Rosalind's fiancé.
• Paul, stage manager for George's company, and Rosalind's ex-fiancé.
• Ethel, Charlotte's nearly-deaf mother.
• Richard, a love sick lawyer who is courting Charlotte.
• Eileen, an actress in George's company who was George's "one-night stand."