The Bricks Theatre
The Bricks Theatre, supplies candy for the brain via stellar and unique theatrical productions. The Bricks was founded by three “theatre geeks” who, during the worst recession of their lifetimes, decided that the best thing to do was start a professional theatre company. The culprits—Producer (Artistic), George Gonzalez; Producer (Technical), Ric Lantz; and Producer (Executive), David Pausch. Joining the pack in its very first season were Molly Vanderlin, Operations Producer and Peter Hunt, Associate Producer.
The Bricks engages Madison audiences by performing in standard and unusual venues. Everything from one acts, and shorts to full length published and original plays. In the fall of 2010 The Bricks will launch their first mainstage season. And will still be performing at a bar or coffee shop near you.
In a nutshell:
The Bricks Theatre is to traditional regional professional theatre what an indie rock band is to orchestra. Both play music. Both are talented. One let’s you drink beer, cheer, and collect t-shirts at their shows. “We’re like that.”
If you love yourself, your family, and your friends, and think they deserve an awesome night out, you’re going to love what The Bricks Theatre brings to town. But, we don’t discriminate; we’ll welcome you even if you hate yourself.”
To produce innovative and professional theatre.
- That's What She Said: Perfection - July 17-18, 2014
- Oatesland - April 17-26, 2014
- That's What She Said: No Apologies! - March 21-22, 2014
- Blackbird - October 20 - November 6, 2011
- The Mercy Seat - March 3-12, 2011
- The Santaland diaries - December 9-12, 2010
- True West - September 16-25, 2010
- Laundry And Bourbon and Lonestar - March 25 - April 3, 2010
- An Adult Evening of Shel Silverstein - October 14-22, 2009