The Community Theatre With a Professional Difference
The goal of the Bay Players was to provide the community with high quality entertainment and the opportunity for individual involvement in some of the finest productions in the metropolitan area.
The Bay Players first performed for the public in March, 1951 at the Henry Clay School gymnasium, making it one of the oldest community theatre groups in the Milwaukee area. In 1958 they moved into the spacious facilities of the Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, making it possible to accommodate larger audiences.
The creative productions were the work of many dedicated members. Since inception, membership in the Bay Players exceeded 1,000 individuals. These hard working volunteers were greatly appreciated for their generous support, on and off the stage. The Bay Players was truly a community theatre with membership open to anyone 18 or older. There was something for everyone - auditions, rehearsals, lighting, sound, carpentry, costumes, props and, of course, social activities.
The Bay Players disbanded in 2017