SpotLight on Kids
Southwestern Wisconsin's Premiere Youth Theatre Training and Production Company
We are a not-for-profit Performing Arts Company. We are actors, singers, dancers, and storytellers. We paint scenery, build sets, and make costumes. We learn that a lot of people working together can create a theatrical production (it's almost like magic) and sometimes we get an extra bonus - new friends!
SOK's office and teaching studio are located at the address above (in the Olde Towne Mall). SpotLight on Kids' programs are open to all people regardless of race, ethnicity, disabilities, and financial status. Scholarships and work-study programs are open to all workshop and class participants.
We offer several group acting/theater classes throughout the year.
The adult off-shoot of SpotLight On Kids, footlights productions, was created to provide a theatrical outlet for adults in the greater Rock County community. Although both SOK and footlights pride themselves on producing high-quality and thought-provoking work, footlights' shows are meant for the mature audience, while SOK focuses on material suitable for the whole family.
- SOK Showcase Singers auditions - February 9, 2014
S. Peter Roang Scholarship Fund established for SpotLight on Kids
With the generous support of Basics Natural Foods in Janesville, SpotLight on Kids has established an ongoing scholarship fund in memory of Peter Roang. An Edgerton native and life-long resident of Rock County, Peter was a tremendous supporter of and frequent participant in the performing arts.
This very special scholarship fund will be used to help children of all ages get involved and stay involved in the arts. We welcome contributions to the fund, which may be made as follows:
S. Peter Roang Scholarship Fund
C/o SpotLight on Kids
20 S. Main St., #22
Janesville, WI 53545
For more information about this fund, or SpotLight on Kids class and production offerings, call (608) 758-1451.
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - July 10-14, 2013
- Willy Wonka - July 11-15, 2012
- Wizard of Oz - July 13-17, 2011
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - March 3-6, 2011
- Annie - July 15-25, 2010
- Cinderella - July 16-19, 2009
- Free to Be You and Me - March 20-22, 2009
- Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - July 17-20, 2008
- SpotLight On Kids and Rotary Gardens Halloween Walk - October 11-13, 2007
- HONK: The Musical - July 19-22, 2007
- A Thousand Cranes - March 15-16, 2007
- You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown - March 2-11, 2007
- Comedy Sportz - Family FUNdraiser - November 18, 2006
- Halloween Walk - October 19 - 22, 2006
- Fame, the Musical - August 10 - 13, 2006
- School House Rock - July 22, 2006
- Kids Sing America - March 8-23, 2006
- Halloween Walk at Rotary Gardens - October 20-23, 2005
- Seussical! - August 5-14, 2005
- The Velveteen Rabbit - March 4-6, 2005
- Oliver! - December 15-19, 2004
- SpotLight On Comedy - Feb 20, 2004 (adult fundraiser)
- Snap Apple - October 25, 2003
- Toddler's Halloween Stories & Costume Parade - October 19, 2003
- Ghost Stories from Around the World - October 12, 2003
- Peter Pan - July 16-20, 2003
- Peace...And Let It Begin With Me - May 2-4, 2003
- The Wizard of Oz - July 17-21, 2002
- Free To Be... You and Me - March 8-10, 2002
- The Halloween Walk - October 11-14, 2001
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - 2nd & 3rd weekends in July, 2001
- Comedy of Errors - August 23-27, 2000
- School House Rock - late April and early May, 2000
- Broadway, the SOK Way - November 19-21, 1999